I’m happy to announce that I’m finally Open Sourcing my Redmine Customer plugin. This is the plugin that I use to track my customer information for each project in Redmine.
For this first release, I implemented the most basic features.
- Store Customer data
- Associate a Customer for each project
- Permissions to control user access to data
- Download the archive file and extract it to your
vendor/pluginsfolder. You can also download directly from GitHub using git:
git clone git://github.com/edavis10/redmine-customer-plugin.git vendor/plugins/customer_plugin
- Follow the Redmine plugin installation steps. Make sure to install Engines 2 if you use Rails 2.0.
- Setup the database using the migrations.
- Login to your Redmine install as an Administrator
- Setup the permissions for your roles
- Add the “Customer module” to the enabled modules for your project
- The link to the plugin should appear on that project’s navigation as Customer
If you need help you can leave a comment here or enter an issue directly into my bug tracker.